Pages

Thursday, July 15, 2010

42: mixtape - dog days vol. 1

dog days vol. 1 cover

dog days vol. 1 tracklist

Download (.zip): http://www.mediafire.com/?kgz0xzykyi3ztzj

It's hot here. And rainy. And humid. All at once. And I'm pretty sure someone has put my life on pause or something, because my days are going by very, very slowly... Welcome to the dog days of summer, right?

According to this mysterious thing called Brady's Clavis Calendarium, the dog days refer to the time when "the seas boiled, wine turned sour, dogs grew mad, and all creatures became languid, causing to man burning fevers, hysterics, and phrensies." Sounds awful.

...Awfully exciting, that is!

I'm happy to present the first part of my summer soundtrack, entitled dog days vol. 1. This mix consists of one hour, two minutes, and nine seconds of assorted tunes and dancey-dance music to accompany the boiling seas, mad dogs, and feverish, hysterical and/or frenzied people in your life. (I've included a smattering of lazier songs for you languid creatures, as well.)

Hope you love it as much as I do! Here's the tracklist, and cover art is posted above (click the thumbnails for bigger sizes):

Seasun - Delorean
U + Me = - Dan Black
Moth's Wings - Passion Pit
Blood Bank - Bon Iver
You're Gorgeous - Babybird
Make You Crazy - Brett Dennen & Femi Kuti
Amsterdam - Peter Bjorn and John
The King and All of His Men - Wolf Gang
Brackett WI - Bon Iver
I Feel It All - Feist
Something Good Can Work - Two Door Cinema Club
The Golden Floor - Snow Patrol
Untitled 06 - Brand New
Leaving You Behind (ft. Lykke Li) [explicit] - Amanda Blank
Soco Amaretto Lime - Brand New
Excuses - The Morning Benders

Download (.zip): http://www.mediafire.com/?kgz0xzykyi3ztzj

Check it out and let me know what you think. And of course, if you like what you hear, be sure to support these artists directly. Go to their shows (with me, preferably -- I love concert buddies, I need more), buy their music and merchandise, give them lots of love/cupcakes/secret handshakes/kisses, you know the drill.

No comments:

Post a Comment