Pages

Saturday, July 10, 2010

41: the sketchbook project

The Sketchbook Project: 2011

A few days ago, my friend Sam filled me in on a fun little piece of news... The Brooklyn Art Library is installing a permanent sketchbook collection, and is crowd-sourcing for content (ha, that sounds just as dopey in print as it did in my head). What I mean is, anyone from anywhere can participate in the exhibition -- you just have to pay $25 for a medium-sized Moleskine Cahier/Volant and other handling fees (the sketchbook is barcoded and catalogued so that it'll never get lost, and so you can have access to stats on how many people have looked through it, etc.).

It looks super neat, and you get the pride and satisfaction of being part of a collection that tours the country (it's coming to Atlanta in April 2011! Spring Break plans, anyone?). If you want to participate, you have to sign up here by Oct. 31, 2010, and finish and mail out your book by Jan. 15, 2011.

Loads more details and fun information at The Sketchbook Project.

And speaking of sketchbooks, these are a few of my own pages from 2007-2008 that I like for their haphazard yet endearing qualities. (Click for larger images.)

2nd semester blow off mark stop using me okay untitled
in the middle untitled untitled

Swell. Well, I'm off to watch Germany kick some culo. Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment