Pages

Monday, December 21, 2009

21: wine labels at whole foods

My sister and I were shopping at Whole Foods last week when we stumbled upon their wine racks, which were filled with all sorts of lovely contemporary labels. Here are a few images for your viewing pleasure:



Look at the typography on this one... So snooty, I love it! And um, it's pink.



Words that come to mind: sxe, vegan, -xcore, tattoo. I imagine the customer of this product to be a dude with a beard and tattoo sleeves (featuring zombies, deer, owls, Frankenstein, etc.). And maybe an eyebrow piercing. (Oh... this is bad. Isn't it? This whole "me cataloguing/stereotyping the consumer of a product based on the appearance of a product" thing? But then again... Oh, let's just chalk it up to me being intensely shrewd and perceptive about market segmentation, ha!)



Many apologies in advance, but this label is more than somewhat tacky. Interesting, yes, but so tacky that it's sticking to my shoes...

There have been a lot of really clever packaging ideas popping up in the wine industry, so it's nice to at least see some of that creativity physically manifested...

Please also view: Toast-its, a collection of wine bottle "greeting cards." (via The Dieline)

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I actually drank a bottle of Bitch wine with my mother in law. We found that the first night, it was awful. We had a glass each and closed it up, but we didn't throw it out. The 2nd night, it was much better. So if you try it, I guess you have to open it the night before you plan to drink it.

    ReplyDelete